English, Hindi, Marathi, Bhojpuri, Maithili
I joined M. Tech., CTARA in 2018 and soon converted under the TAP category by getting shortlisted for fellow at Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (2018-19). I am a disciplined engineer, passionate about R&D in the development sector. My interest lies in developing sustainable techniques for water conservation and management in rural areas. Being a post-graduate student in Technology and Development, I am actively involved in publications via International Conferences at prestigious institutions like IISc, IIT, NIT, and State Universities. I have been shortlisted as fellow at the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), New Delhi where I am working over the topic- ‘Tank Cascade System: Potential as Rural Water Supply and Scientific Validation’ for M. Tech. Project under the approval of MoRD (2019-2021). I served as 'Trainer' for two subsequent years in the Gunnies Book of World Record Event of Solar Urja Localisation through Sustainability (SoULS) at IITB (2018-19). I am also serving as 'Project Head' at Sustainability Cell of IITB for the project- 'Identifying Behavioral Change of Stakeholders Towards Water Consumption at IITB Hostels' (2019). Being confident at public speaking, I remained Speaking Arts Coordinator- PG Cult (2018-19); Events Sports Coordinator and Public Relations Convener- PG Sports (2018-20).
Active participation in science and social science exhibitions, thereby representing my school KV Ambajhari Nagpur at a Regional and National level let me become 'School Caption' (2013-14). Being the subject topper in Physics and Biology in class XII, I joined Civil Engineering in 2014. I am a 'Silver Medalist' in B. Tech. (2018) and was involved actively in technical paper/model/poster presentations, thereby getting certified 39 times at State and National levels. The B. Tech project titled- ‘Android Application for Estimate Preparation for a Residential Building’ was awarded the ‘Best Project Award’ in the department which subsequently became the part of Unnat Maharashtra Abhiyan in 2018. I remained student coordinator for 2.5 years at Lead India 2020-Jalgaon Division (2015-18), an International NGO based on Late Dr. APJ. Abdul Kalam's philosophy-Vision 2020 where we provided social services and published research at the interface of social paradigm and technological interventions in the sectors of education, water supply, agriculture, and solid waste management. The Zilla Sainik Welfare Office (ZSWO) certified me with the quotes- "extraordinary performances in academic, technical, extracurricular and social events for being getting certified 47 times at the National level and 9 times at the International level" in 2017. The Indian Air Force Benevolent Association (IAFBA), New Delhi awarded me for ‘Outstanding Achievement in Overall Academics’ in the UG category at the National level in 2019.
1. Exploring LULC, Rainfall, and Groundwater Pattern in Vandiyur Tank Cascade System | Mr. N. Venkatesan, CEO, DHAN Vayalagam Tank Foundation, Madurai | Nov-Dec, 2018
- Explored & reviewed popular traditional water harvesting mechanism called tank cascade system through 5-weeks field visit in Madurai City
- Collected primary data through qualitative interviews & OSM Geo-Location Tracker from 32 households in the vicinity of 8 interconnected tanks
- Analyzed & represented: LULC pattern using Remote Sensing; Rainfall trend using Advance MS. Excel; Groundwater fluctuation using ArcGIS between 2002 to 2018
2. Visit to Zilla Parishad Bhavan-Jalgaon | Mr. Y. B. Kulkarni, Executive Engineer, Structure Department | May 2018
- Studied 8 departments viz., Administration, Rural Water Supply, Minor irrigation, Structure, Women & Child Healthcare, Village Panchayat, IT & Finance
- Analyzed Quality Management System by focussing on processing, planning, purchasing, monitoring and controlling aspects of each department
1. Tank Cascade System: Potential as Rural Water Supply and Scientific Validation | M. Tech. Project | Prof. P. Chinnasamy | CTARA IIT Bombay | Jul 2019-till
- Critically reviewing aspects of water conservation & associated challenges in using tank cascade system in rural areas
- Combined study at the interface of surface water and groundwater towards sustainability in water management
- Analyzing the micro-catchment through field visit at Madurai City using MODFLOW
2. Field Stay (9 weeks): Village Shivaji Nagar, Nashik | CTARA-HAL Fellowship, IIT Bombay | Prof. P. Chinnasamy | May-Jul, 2019
- Collected primary data through participatory rural appraisal (PRA), focussed group discussions (FGD), ODK-Collect, & OSM Geo-Location Tracker for 67 households
- Developed village profile by analyzing demographics, geography, history, social structures, culture, current issues, etc.; Surveyed 7 sectors viz., water supply, water resources, agriculture, education, health, public infrastructures, road & transportations; Critiqued implementation of 2 government schemes viz., SBM & PMGSY in village
- Evaluated CSR-HAL project on Skill Development Centres in 12 villages of dist. Nashik to determine gaps by comparative analysis of expectations on training courses by villagers with the prescribed training courses by District Skill Development Authority
Directed Research on Issue of Water Scarcity:
- Studied water usage pattern of a rural household during water scarce month by ethnographic detailed study of water collection and usage by households through semi-structured interviews, participant & non-participant observations
- Developed water-budget model of the village using primary data, ArcGIS & Remote Sensing to determine and address the baseline reasons for acute water scarcity
3. Water Conservation and Challenges in Using Tank Cascade System in Rural Areas | M. Tech. Seminar | Prof. P. Chinnasamy | CTARA IIT Bombay | Jan-Apr, 2019
- Reviewed traditional water conservation techniques called Tank Cascade System in India
- Critically analyzed the scope regarding challenges & threats towards revival and restoration of traditional tanks
- Critiqued implementation of various schemes towards revival & restoration of tanks
4. Simulating Rainfall-Runoff Process using New-Fangled Hydrological Models | Prof. S. S. Pusadkar | B. Tech. Seminar | Jul-Nov 2017
- Presented the understanding of the water budget/hydrological equations for major and minor catchment area
- Critically reviewed famous hydrological models viz., Rational Hydrograph Method, GIS, ANN, Genetic Algorithm Method, & Dynamic Identifiability Analysis
5. Analysis of Land Use/Land Cover Change (LULC) of Academic Campus | Prof. P. Chinnasamy | CTARA, IIT Bombay | Jul-Sept, 2018
- Investigated LULC pattern of IITB Campus by analyzing the rainfall-runoff process using Remote Sensing, ArcGIS, & QGIS to determine the impact of the urbanization on ecosystem services between 2000-2018
- Forecasted hotspots prone to waterlogging from Digital Elevation Map & suggested sustainable ways of its prevention
- Presented the project in TECHNOVISION 2018 under TEQIP-III & awarded with first-prize
6. Design of Water Supply and Sanitation System for Vadgaon Maval | Prof. B. Rao | CTARA, IIT Bombay | Jan-May, 2019
- Worked on a live project in town Vadgaon Maval to design an efficient water supply & sanitation system by projecting water demand for the next 20 years.
- Developed & validated hydraulic parameters of water supply model using EPANET 2.0 based on projected data & by performing a topographical survey of the town to identify the elevation of roads & residential areas
7. Is Water a Social Good or Economic Good? | Prof. N. C. Narayanan | CTARA, IIT Bombay | Sept-Nov, 2018
- Critiqued the social importance of water against the economic good with the grounded theory & development perspectives of the various applications on water usage in India
8. Project Management and Project Analysis | Prof. B. Rao | CTARA, IIT Bombay | Jul 2019- till
- Created virtual consultancy firm, Project tendered, planned, & executed with a budget of Rs. 2000 crore
- The procedures to procure Tenders, Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), & Term of Reference (TOR), Bidding organizational structure, financial accounting, Data management & Detailed Project report over a period of four months
9. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): Evaluation and Analysis | Prof. S. B. Agnihotri | CTARA, IIT Bombay | Sept-Nov, 2018
- Critiqued the compliance of CSR expenditure to Company Act, 2013 for 3 PSEs viz., Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd., Engineers India Ltd. (EIL) & GAIL (India) Ltd.
- Performed spatial & sectorial analysis of CSR expenditure between 2014-17 using QGIS & identified best CSR practices based on scalability, sustainability, & safety
- Represented the trend in CSR investment & identified discrepancies by comparing data on the MoCA portal with expenditure data from annual reports of the company
10. Android Application for Estimate Preparation of a Residential Building | Prof. S. S. Pusadkar | B. Tech Project | Jul 2017-May 2018
- Developed Android App using Android Studio estimating quantity & associated cost of construction material/process for G+1 residential building
- Submitted under Unnat Maharashtra Abhiyan to coordinating unit CTARA, IIT Bombay
11. Data Analysis and Mapping of Socio-Economic and Nutritional Indicators using NFHS-4 data for Odisha | Prof. A. Arora & Prof. S. B. Agnihotri | CTARA, IIT Bombay | Mar-Apr, 2019
- Performed Tukey, Fischer, & Bonferroni tests on NFHS-4 data with 25+ features using MINITAB to compare the variations in wasting, stunting, etc. condition in Odisha & its neighboring states
- Mapped the malnutrition status of Odisha & compared it with Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, & West-Bengal using QGIS & data visualization tools.
12. Life Cycle Analysis on Onion | Prof. B. Rao | CTARA, IIT Bombay | Sept-Nov, 2018
- Analyzed the potential environmental impacts of Paddy cultivation as a function of farm management techniques using Open LCA software
- Evaluated the effects of various agricultural inputs such as fertilizers, organic manure on different natural resources
- Compared the chemical farming with organic using Eco invent 3.3 databases
13. Comparing Conventional Grid with Solar Photo Voltaic System for a Household: A Case Study from Village Dongaripada, India | Prof. P. Jadhav | CTARA, IIT Bombay | Aug-Nov, 2018
- Analyzed electricity scenario using primary data to find demand & consumption pattern
- Mapped feeder line network in the Dongripada habitation based on field visit and designed solar home lighting systems
- Compared solar lightning system with electric grid by calculating NPV, ALCC, & cost of electricity (CoE)
14. Inequality in India | Prof. N. C. Narayanan | CTARA, IIT Bombay | Aug-Nov, 2018
- Reviewed the inequality among common people, inequality in infant mortality, household energy access, education, & wealth across various sections of the society
- Studied methods to measure inequality including Gini coefficient & Lorenz curves
1. Srivastava, A., Chinnasamy, P., 2019. Impact of Urbanisation and Scanty Rainfall on Groundwater Resources: A Case of Madurai. India. 2nd International Conference on Sustainable Water Management under the Aegis of National Hydrology Project (NHP), Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India- http://nhp.mowr.gov.in/conference-2/ (under review)
2. Srivastava, A., Chinnasamy, P., 2019. Study of LULC Change in the Academic Campus by Analysing Rainfall-Runoff Process for Sustainable Design: A Case of IIT Bombay, India. 2nd International Conference on Sustainable Water Management under the Aegis of National Hydrology Project (NHP), Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India- http://nhp.mowr.gov.in/conference-2/ (under review)
3. Srivastava, A., Chinnasamy, P., Khadke, L., 2019. Holistic Assessment of Well hydraulics Using Groundwater Model Towards Improved Well-Management System in a Village: A Case of Nashik, India. 2nd Conference on Rural India: Towards Inclusion of the Marginalised, VikasAnwesh Foundation, Pune- http://www.vikasanvesh.in/conference-2019/# (under review)
4. Srivastava, A., Chinnasamy, P., Singh, S., 2019. Holistic Groundwater and Surface Water Management for Sustaining Water Resources in Rapidly Urbanizing Cities: A Case Study in Madurai, India. 1st International Conference on Towards Sustainable Water future organized by Divecha Centre of Climate Change and Sustainable Water Future Programme, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. News Flashed at CTARA, IIT Bombay Official Website (Sept 28, 2019):- http://www.ctara.iitb.ac.in/en/breaking-news/m-tech-students-presented-a....
5. Srivastava, A., Chinnasamy, P., Khadke, L., 2019. Holistic Assessment of Abstractions from Precipitation using Programming Language. International Conference on Innovative Trends in Civil Engineering for Sustainable Development (ITCDS-2019), National Institute of Technology Warangal. ISBN No: 978-93-89354-46-1. News Flashed at CTARA, IIT Bombay Official Website (Sept 17, 2019): http://www.ctara.iitb.ac.in/en/breaking-news/m-tech-student-published-2-...
6. Srivastava, A., Chinnasamy, P., Khadke, L., 2019. Estimating Parameters Associated with Well Hydraulics by Developing Groundwater Software Model. International Conference on Innovative Trends in Civil Engineering for Sustainable Development (ITCDS-2019), National Institute of Technology Warangal. ISBN No: 978-93-89354-46-1. News Flashed at CTARA, IIT Bombay Official Website (Sept 17, 2019): http://www.ctara.iitb.ac.in/en/breaking-news/m-tech-student-published-2-...
7. Srivastava, A., Chinnasamy, P., 2019. Study of Vandiyur Tank Cascade System in Madurai: Exploring Land Use/Land Cover Change, Rainfall and Groundwater. International Conference on Climate Change Impact, Vulnerability and Assessment (CCIVA-2019), Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. News Flashed at IIT Bombay Official Website (March 2, 2019): http://www.ctara.iitb.ac.in/en/breaking-news/m-tech-student-presented-an...
8. Khadke, L., Pattnaik, S., Sisodiya, A., Srivastava, A., 2019. Simulation for Extreme Rainfall and Flood Event in Kerala-2018 Using WRF Model. International Conference on Climate Change Impact, Vulnerability and Assessment (CCIVA-2019), Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. News Flashed at IIT Bombay Official Website (March 2, 2019): http://www.ctara.iitb.ac.in/en/breaking-news/m-tech-student-presented-an...
- MoRD-Fellowship: Fellow at Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India, New Delhi - undertaken in CTARA, IIT Bombay [2019-2021]
- HAL-Fellowship: Fellow at Hindustan Aeronautics Limited; Certified by Research and Development, HAL Bangalore - undertaken in CTARA, IIT Bombay [2018-19]
- Student member at American Society of Civil Engineers ASCE-2019
- Certified by Indian Air Force Benevolent Association, New Delhi as "Outstanding Achievement in Overall Academics" in UG Category at National Level [2018-19]
- Completed online certified course on 'Groundwater Management in Face of Climate Change' from The Open University, United Kingdom 
- Completed certified course on ‘Foundation Analysis’ organized by CivilShala, Texel Group at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur, West Bengal 
- Completed certified course on ‘Design of Live G+1 Building using STAAD.Pro and AutoCad’ organized by Civil Center, Oddaka Infratech Pvt. Ltd. at IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal 
- Completed certified course on ‘Advanced Treatment and Recycling of Urban and Industrial Wastewater’ organized by School of Water Resources, IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal 
Advance Hydrological Analysis and Design | Water Resources Management | Soil, Land-Use, GIS and Agriculture | Project Management and Analysis | Rural Environmental Services: Planning and Design | Ecology and Environment | Social Science Research Methods and System Dynamics | Public Policy and Governance in Technology and Development | Contemporary Critical Issue in Technology and Development | Appropriate Technology | Development in Practice | Development Theory and Policy: Indian Context | Energy Sources and their Utilization | Field Work | Seminar |
Water Resources Engineering | Hydraulic Structure | Engineering Geology and Hydrology | Environmental Engineering | Geotechnical Engineering | Engineering Economics and Humanities | Estimating and Costing | Renewable Energy System |