Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA), a Ministry of Education (MoE) initiative, has announced a poster and video-making competition for all students, with lucrative cash prizes!
The motivation in conducting this competition is to generate publicity material that can be used in creating awareness regarding COVID-19, especially in the rural areas, so that we can avoid the 3rd wave.
The posters and videos can be prepared on any of the below-mentioned themes, preferably in Marathi, using English/ Hindi Subtitles for the videos.
Themes for poster/video making:
1. Covid-19 awareness
2. Importance of vaccination
3. Usage and disposal of protection items against Covid-19
4. Importance of physical distancing, home isolation and medication
5. Importance of healthy lifestyle, yoga, meditation and ayurvedic practices
The students can combine the above themes as well while preparing posters and videos.
IMPORTANT: The posters and videos should be in line with the guidelines of the Government of India (MoH, Ayush, etc.) regarding Covid-19.
The competition will be held at two levels, regional and national. IIT Bombay is a participating institute (PI) as well as the regional coordinating institute (RCI) for the western Maharashtra region. The top 2 entries will be selected from IIT Bombay (as PI) students, which will be evaluated against entries submitted by 240+ participating institutes (PIs) under UBA in our region. The top 3 entries in our region will be awarded cash prizes as below:
Cash Prizes at Regional Level
Video Making Poster Making
1st Prize Rs 10,000/- Rs 4,000/-
2nd Prize Rs. 6,000/- Rs. 2,500/-
3rd Prize Rs. 2,500/- Rs. 1,500/-
The top 2 entries from all the regions will further be sent to the national coordinating institute NCI for the national level competition. Top 3 entries among those entries will be further awarded cash prizes at the national level:
Cash Prizes at National Level
Video Making Poster Making
1st Prize Rs 21,000/- Rs 7,000/-
2nd Prize Rs. 11,000/- Rs. 5,000/-
3rd Prize Rs. 7,000/- Rs. 2,500/-
Guidelines for poster making:
1. Can be handmade/ digitally made
2. Any written information shall be in Marathi
3. Size: A4
4. Theme: one or more themes can be incorporated (related to COVID-19 only)
Guidelines for video making:
1. Not more than a 2-minute duration
2. Size < 15 MB
3. Format: MP4 in Landscape mode
4. Can be Self-shot/ Animated
5. Preferably in Marathi along with English subtitles
Guidelines for Participants:
- One entry is permitted from every participant
- Participants can send their entries in a Group/team (not more than 3 members)
- Poster and Video should be on the suggested themes
- Participants need to share his/her consent for UBA rights on the usage of the entries received
- Participants to provide an undertaking mentioning that it is their original work, and they have not violated any government norms prescribed for COVID-19
Please refer to the following link to submit your poster/ video:
NOTE: Please name your file as 'YOUR NAME_ROLL NUMBER'.
Application for Poster Making Competition: https://forms.gle/NjmEUsMFgDdyW2CV9
Application for Video Making Competition: https://forms.gle/gJMeVP5owfiYodmX9
Last date to submit the entries: 8th July 2021 (11:59 pm)
For any query, please contact :
Mr. Prathamesh: +91-9730 2787 45
Ms. Pauranmasi Khurana : +91-95820 68687
UBA Team, CTARA