Food Process Engineering, Food-Nutrition Connect, Small Scale Bio-Energy Applications, Agro-based Industrial Development
- PhD (Process Engineering) from UTC-France
- M. Eng. (Agricultural Machinery and Food Engineering) from AIT-Bangkok (Thailand)
- B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering) from MPAU, Rahuri, India
- Soils and Agriculture
- Agro-Based Industries
- Food and Nutrition delivery
- Led projects in Food Process Engineering and contributed in setting a “Food Engineering Lab” at IIT-Bombay.
- Co-ordinated Institute-wide project on "Technology Interface Unit" for Khadi and Village Industries Commission.
- Helped in set-up a Production Unit at the premises of Sion-Hospital (Mumbai) to supplement needs of malnourished children in association with Pediatrics Dept of Sion-Hospital.
Among various awards and recognitions, he was awarded:
- Co-recipient of IIT Bombay’s Dr.P.K.Patwardhan Technology Development award in 2013, for developing processes to make improvements in jaggery making.
- The IIChE Hindustan Dorr-Oliver Award for excellence in use of Science & Technology in Rural Development in December 2004.
Has 65 + publications in Journals and Conferences. Few of them are listed:
- Harshala Patil, N. G. Shah and Girish Kumar, "Combined Microwave and Hot Air Drying of Sapota (Acharas zapota L.) Slices: Analysis of Quality and Mass Transfer Parameters", Journal of Agricultural Engineering, Vol. 56 (3): July-September, 2019.
- Shah NG, Pushkala Ramchandran, Harini Swaminathan , Alka Jadhav, Priyanka Shinde , "Efficacy of Micronutrient Fortified Supplementary Foods (Ready to Cook and Ready to Eat) for children with Moderate Acute Malnutrition (MAM) using Community Based Approach", The 8th Global Summit on Regulatory Science Conference (GSRS2018), Beijing China 26-27 Sept 2018
- Shoyeb Khana, Pratik Gholkarb, Yogendra Shastrib, Narendra G. Shah, Sharad Bhartiyab, "Hydrothermal liquefaction of Chlorella Sp for biocrude oil production: comparison of experimental and modeling results", IAEJ Vol.27, No. 3, 2017
- Nagpal Akanksha and Shah NG, "Effects of Conventional and organic soils on spinach (spinacea oleracea) growth, yield and nutritional quality, Green Farming", Vol 8 (5), 1206- 1210, Sept-Oct 2017
- Shah NG, "Doing Research in Food – Nutrition – Health: Multidisciplinarity, Invited talk during Intl Conf on Emerging Trends in Agricultural and Allied Sciences", BSKKV, Dapoli, 16-17 March 2017
- Rajguru A.J, NG Shah and G Ramakrishnan, "Change Dynamics in Maharashtra state Small Farming Systems - Field Survey and Analysis through Analytical Hierarchy Process", IJAHP, Vol.6, Issue 2, 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.13033/ijahp.v6i2.266
- Shiralkar K, Sravan K, NG Shah and SM Mahajani, "Energy Improvements in Jaggery Making Process", Intl Journal of Energy for Sustainable Development, ESD-00285; No. of pages: 13; 4C, Dec 2013