Food Process Engineering, Food-Nutrition Connect, Small Scale Bio-Energy Applications, Agro-based Industrial Development
- PhD (Process Engineering) from UTC-France
- M. Eng. (Agricultural Machinery and Food Engineering) from AIT-Bangkok (Thailand)
- B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering) from MPAU, Rahuri, India
- Soils and Agriculture
- Agro-Based Industries
- Food and Nutrition delivery
- Led projects in Food Process Engineering and contributed in setting a “Food Engineering Lab” at IIT-Bombay.
- Co-ordinated Institute-wide project on "Technology Interface Unit" for Khadi and Village Industries Commission.
- Helped in set-up a Production Unit at the premises of Sion-Hospital (Mumbai) to supplement needs of malnourished children in association with Pediatrics Dept of Sion-Hospital.
Among various awards and recognitions, he was awarded:
- Co-recipient of IIT Bombay’s Dr.P.K.Patwardhan Technology Development award in 2013, for developing processes to make improvements in jaggery making.
- The IIChE Hindustan Dorr-Oliver Award for excellence in use of Science & Technology in Rural Development in December 2004.