2021 (Forthcoming). Conservation Kaleidoscope - A compilation of editorials and news from the Protected Area Update (1996 - 2021), Kalpavriksh, Duleep Matthai Nature Conservation Foundation and Authors Upfront.
2021 (Forthcoming). First Steps - Citizen Science in ecology in India (with Naveen Thayyil), DST Centre for Policy Research, IIT Delhi and Authors Upfront
2020. Nanoscale: Society's deep impact on science, technology and innovation in India, Authors Upfront, New Delhi, pp 182, ISBN: 9387280705; https://tinyurl.com/y4rhwgme
Reviews of the book:
a) In Dialogue - Science, Scientists and Society: http://www.dialogue.ias.ac.in/article/48417/we-looked-for-scientists;
b) In The Hindu: https://www.thehindu.com/books/books-reviews/nanoscale-societys-deep-imp...
c) In firstpost.com: https://www.firstpost.com/art-and-culture/pankaj-sekhsarias-nanoscale-sh...
2019. The State of Wildlife in Maharashtra (1996-2015) – A compilation of new from the Protected Area Update (Editor), Rainfed Books, Chennai, Kalpavriksh and The Duleep Matthai Nature Conservation Foundation, pp 248, 100 line illustrations, ISBN: 8192326934; https://tinyurl.com/y4rhwgme
2019. Instrumental Lives – an intimate biography of an Indian Laboratory, Routledge, pp 148, ISBN: 0367856298; https://tinyurl.com/y4rhwgme
2019. Islands in flux – the Andaman and Nicobar story, Harper Litmus India; https://tinyurl.com/y4rhwgme
2013. The State of Wildlife in Northeast India: (1996-2011) – A compilation of news from Protected Area Update (Editor), Foundation for Ecological Security, India; https://www.academia.edu/3152382/_THE_STATE_OF_WILDLIFE_IN_NORTHEAST_IND...
2010. The Jarawa Tribal Reserve Dossier – Cultural and Biological Diversities in the Andaman Islands (Joint Editor with Vishvajit Pandya), Kalpavriksh, Pune & UNESCO, Paris; https://www.academia.edu/2637014/The_Jarawa_Tribal_Reserve_Dossier_-_Cul...
2003. Troubled Islands: Writings on the environment and indigenous peoples of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands LEAD India and Kalpavriksh
2021 (Forthcoming). Waiting for Turtles (Illustrated story book for children; illustrations by Vipin Sketchplore), Karadi Tales pp 32; https://online.fliphtml5.com/ihsnl/fuou/#p=1
2021 (Forthcoming). Kachuon ka intezaar (Waiting for Turtles in translation in Hindi), Karadi Tales, pp 32
2014. The Last Wave: An Island novel, Harper Collins India; https://tinyurl.com/y4rhwgme
2018. Koneya Ale (The Last Wave in translation in Kannada), Navakarnataka Publications; http://www.navakarnatakaonline.com/koneya-ale-the-last-wave
- 2021 (forthcoming). Frugality and jugaad in Indian science: Evidence from an Indian laboratory in Beers, C. van, Bhaduri, S., Knorringa, P., & Leliveld, A. (Eds) Handbook on Frugal Innovation. Edward Elgar Publishing.
- 2017. STS for development in CA Miller, U Felt & L. Smith-Doerr (Eds), The Handbook of Science and Technology Studies (2017), MIT Press (co-author with Aalok Khandekar, Koen Beumer, Annapurna Mamidipudi and Wiebe Bijker)
- 2013. The making of an indigenous STM: Technological Jugaad as a Culture of Innovation in India in Konrad, Kornelia, Christopher Coenen, Anne Dijkstra, Colin Milburn, and Harro van Lente (Eds.), Shaping Emerging Technologies: Governance, Innovation, Discourse, Berlin: IOS Press / AKA
- 2012. Deforestation in the Andaman and Nicobar – Its impact on Onge in Indira Munshi (Editor), The Adivasi Question, Issues of Land, Forest and Livelihood, Orient Blackswan and Economic and Political Weekly
Peer Reviewed Journals
- 2019. Narratives of Technology and Society Visioning in India. Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. 54, No. 34, (with Naveen Thayyil); https://www.epw.in/journal/2019/34/technology-and-society/narratives-tec...
- 2019. Technology Vision 2035: visions, technologies, democracy and the citizen. Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. 54, No. 34, p. 64-69 (with Naveen Thayyil); https://www.epw.in/journal/2019/34/technology-and-society/technology-vis... 2035.html
- 2019. Media reporting of the Protected Areas in Maharashtra, India - a thematic analysis (with Trupthi Narayan). Journal of Threatened Taxa, Vol. 11, No. 3; https://threatenedtaxa.org/index.php/JoTT/article/view/4461
- 2018. The A&N islands are not an ‘empty space’. Ecology, Economy and Society - The INSEE Journal, Vol. 1, No. 1.; https://www.academia.edu/35129432/The_Andaman_and_Nicobar_Islands_are_no...
- 2017. Visions for India: public participation, debate and the S&T community. Current Science, Vol. 113, No. 10, p. 1835-40 (with Naveen Thayyil); https://www.currentscience.ac.in/Volumes/113/10/1835.pdf
- 2017. How Users Configure Producer Identities – Dilemmas of Retinoblastoma treatment in India. Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. LII (40), p. 57-64 http://www.epw.in/journal/2017/40/special-articles/how-users-configure-p...
- 2015. Disaster as a catalyst for military expansionism – The case of the Nicobar Islands. Economic and Political Weekly Vol. L (1), 3 January, p. 37-43; http://www.epw.in/journal/2015/1/special-articles/disaster-catalyst-mili...
- 2014. An Identity- Card on the wall: Identities in flux and ethics of technology change. Economic and Political Weekly Vol. XLIX (34), p. 65-69; http://www.epw.in/journal/2014/34/notes/identity-card-wall.html
- 2013. Tribal reserves, IBAs, and bird conservation: The unique case of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Indian Birds, Vol. 8 (4), 85-90; https://www.academia.edu/4171572/Tribal_reserves_IBAs_and_bird_conservat...
- 2013. The making of an indigenous scanning tunneling microscope. Current Science, Vol. 104 (9); www.currentscience.ac.in/Volumes/104/09/1152.pdf
- 2009. When Chanos chanos became tsunami macchi: The post-December 2004 scenario in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. J. Bombay Nat. Hist. Soc. Vol. 106 (3); https://www.academia.edu/2636644/WHEN_CHANOS_CHANOS_BECAME_TSUNAMI_MACCH...
- 2007. Conservation in India and the Need to Think Beyond ‘Tiger vs. Tribal’. Biotropica, Volume 39 Issue 5 Page 575-577; http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1744-7429.2007.00333.x/abst...
- 2006. Andaman’s Tribal Reserves: Protecting Forests, Biodiversity and the Indigenous peoples. J. Bombay Nat. Hist. Soc. Vol. 103 (2&3)
- 2001. Deforestation in Andaman and Nicobar: Its impact on Onge. Economic and Political Weekly, 22/09/2001; http://www.epw.in/special-articles/deforestation-andaman-and-nicobar.html
- 2001. Illegal logging and Deforestation in Andaman & Nicobar Islands, India: The Story of Little Andaman Island. Journal of Sustainable Forestry, Hathworth Press & Food Products Press, USA, Volume 19, Nos. 1/2/3; http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1300/J091v19n01_14#.Uqgjyo1SawY
- Reaching out to the Past, Conservation and Society Review: Review of The Nicobar Islands - Cultural Choices in the Aftermath of the Tsunami bu Simron Jit Singh and Oliver Lehman,. Czernin Verlag, 2006; http://www.conservationandsociety.org/article.asp?issn=0972-4923;year=20...
- Shifting Ground, Effectively and convincingly, The Book Review: Review Of Shifting Ground: People, Animals and Mobility in India’s Environmental History Edited By Mahesh Rangarajan And K. Sivaramakrishnan Oxford University Press, New Delhi, 2014, Pp. 308; http://old.thebookreviewindia.org/articles/archives-4503/2015/july/7/shi...