Maternal, infant & young nutrition,early childhood outcomes,importance of correct breastfeeding techniques, behaviour change of caregiver through counselling and training
- Cook County Children’s Hospital, Chicago, Illinois (July 1996 – June 1999 ) : As a pediatric intern and resident, received significant hands on experience, didactic teaching, primary care, specialty training, and a balance of community and hospital experience in 2nd largest hospital in USA
- Columbus Hospital, Chicago, Illinois (Jan 1996 – May 1996) : Worked as an intern in an Inpatient as well as Special Care Nursery.
- B.Y.L. Nair Hospital, Mumbai, India (Feb 1993 – Jan 1994): Clinical Clerkship in various aspects of medicine, Completed electives including general medicine, general surgery, pediatrics, psychiatry, obstetrics and gynecology and preventive and social medicine
- Topiwala National Medical College & B.Y.L Nair Hospital, Mumbai, India (July 1988 – Jan 1993): Degree: Bachelors of Medicine and Bachelors of Surgery
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Dept of CTARA, IIT Bombay, India (Jan 2019- Present) : Training UNICEF Fellows on technicality of Maternal Infant & Young Child Nutrition and guiding them on research topics on various nutrition projects all over India
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Hospital, San Jose, USA (July 1999-Present): Working as a Pediatric Urgent Care provider few months a year in one of the busiest hospital in San Jose, CA
- Founding Medical Director, Foundation for Mother & Child Health, Mumbai, India (FMCH) (Jan 2007 – May 2017)
- Director of Health & Nutrition, Shrimati Malati Dahanukar Trust, Maharashtra (SMDT) (Jan 2013 – Present) : Both at FMCH & SMDT, initiated Preventive and Therapeutic clinics for malnourished children to alleviate malnutrition in children age 0-3 years in urban slums of Mumbai as well as rural Maharashtra. Developed the TOT program for the pediatric residents, nutritionists, and NGOs as well as Govt. health care workers to decrease maternal & infant mortality rate, improve nutrition status of children in 1st 1000 days besides training of management of SAM as per latest WHO guidelines. Initiated Malnutrition clinic in the largest Pediatric Charitable hospital (Wadia) in Mumbai and developed integrated approach to inpatient & outpatient management of malnourished children. Started human milk bank in the same hospital. Also, helped developed the customized software for data entry for all our beneficiaries for growth & data monitoring and analysis.
- Consultant at Spoken-Tutorial Nutrition Project, IIT Bombay (February 2017-Present) : Working with Spoken Tutorial team to develop Infant, Young Child, Pregnant, and Lactating Woman Nutrition technical skills online animated tutorials for health care workers in open source. Also, coordinating with the team to translate Global Health Media Projects Breastfeeding videos in Hindi.
- Team Leader for 1-800-Maa Aur Shishu Poshan Helpline, IIT Bombay (September 2017-Present) : Collaborating with Computer Science & Engineering Department to develop 1-800 Nutrition Helpline for free advice to mothers on lactation, nutrition for children as well nutrition during pregnancy and lactation with the help of team of trained volunteers in 4 different languages; English, Hindi, Marathi and Gujarati.
- Ex Consultant to Department of Health & WCD, Government of Maharashtra on Malnutrition (March 2016-Feb 2017) : Helped developed a screening protocol as well as management for severely malnourished children in the state of Maharashtra.
Outstanding achievement in promoting literacy among underprivileged children at Cook County Hospital, Chicago, USA