English, Marathi, Hindi, German (learning)
Field Work, Choravane, Khed, Ratnagiri | NGO: Rural Communes and NABARD | [May 19 - Jul'19]
1. Potential Livelihood and Business Opportunities for Women SHGs | Prof. Narendra Shah | CTARA-IIT-B
- Rejuvenated the finger millet cultivation and stimulated value addition business in a village in Ratnagiri district with 4 SHGs (49 members) and 14 farmers.
- Mobilized more than 50 villagers by executing PRA and capacity building workshops. Constructed a business model for SHGs in the village based on techno-economic analysis and suggested future opportunities to increase the scale of operations.
2. Assessment of Opportunities for Effective Utilization of Spring Water | Prof. Narendra Shah | CTARA-IIT-B
- Analyzed the change in water usage pattern over 50 years, identified current design problems, geotagged the stand-posts, storage tank, rising and supply mains and recommended effective spring water utilization method for a population of 1147 for 120 LPCD considering springs having 300 Ha catchment area.
- Feasibility study was done to integrate spring water with existing tap water system for 6 months period in order to reduce the financial losses to Gram Panchayat and provided technical solution to local NGO for conflict resolution about scheme implementation in the village based on elevation profile study and fetching radius of 50 and 100 m.
3. Analysis of Soil Health Cards | Prof. Narendra Shah | CTARA-IIT-B
- Scrutinized the implementation of National Mission for sustainable agriculture scheme in the village, reviewed 356 soil health cards and identified lacunas at different governance levels.
- Demonstrated soil sampling method to more than 50 farmers and created awareness about benefits of soil testing.
Value addition in Agriculture Commodities and Supply Chain Management | Prof. Narendra Shah | CTARA [Jul’19 - Present]
Objective: To explore value addition techniques in farm produce and converge on suggesting Crop-Specific alternatives.
Literature study on techno-economic parameters, cold chain and supply chain management in order to increase shelf-life and add value to the produce which helps in enhancing the take-home revenue of farmers.
Stakeholders: Small Farmers, FPCs, NGOs working in Agriculture and Livelihood generation, MSMEs
Technology Design and Development Laboratory Lab | Prof. Santosh. Noronha | Chemical-IIT-B [Jan’19 - May’19]
- Designed and built 2 prototypes (in an interdisciplinary team of 3) of a Jasmine Bud Segregator for accurate sorting with minimal physical damage to the buds and easy implementation on the farm.
- Segregation resulted in 25 % increase in price per kg of buds (% Large bud: % Small bud:: 75:25)
Biofuels: Technology & Policy Perspectives | Prof. Amit Arora | CTARA-IIT-B [Jan’19 - May’19]
- Techno-economic analysis of Gasification based power plant using biomass was done and a circular economy model for textile industry was proposed. Suggested to limit the price of biomass up to Rs. 3/- per kg and plant load factor (PLF) to be at least 70% running 8 hours per day for a plant having energy demand limited up to 1 MW.
Ecology and Environment | Life Cycle Assessment | Prof. Bakul Rao | CTARA-IIT-B [Sept’18 - Nov’18]
- Analyzed the potential environmental impacts of wheat production as a function of farm management techniques using OpenLCA software. Ecoinvent 3.3 database was used and the functional unit was set to 2 tones/acre.
Public Policy and Governance | Prof. Satish Agnihotri | CTARA-IIT-B [Sept’18 - Nov’18]
- Critically reviewed the CSR policies and conformity with respect to CSR policy rules (Companies Act, 2013) of PSEs under Ministry of Mines, Government of India. Evaluation sectoral analysis of CSR projects and expenditure.
Design, Numerical Flow Simulation and Manufacturing of Centrifugal Water Pump |Prof. S. K. Veer | PES Modern College of Engineering, Pune | [June’16]
- Reduced the time and cost of manufacturing of pump for Jaya Hind Industries Ltd.
Fennec Fox Technologies | Engineer | Location: Pune | [Spet'17 - Jun'18]
- Developed “Cocoman”, a lightweight, portable and safe coconut tree climbing machine. Adaptable to a wide variety of palm trees. Has benefited greatly to Indian farmers, 1000 plus users across the country in 20 plus states.
- Improved the coconut harvesting time from 10 trees to 30 trees per day. Can withstand load up to 100 kg. Attaching and Detaching time of the machine was reduced to 50 %.
- Key member in a team of 4 working on the development of an Automatic Tree Climbing Machine to increase the coconut harvesting efficiency and reduce human efforts to zero.
Neilsoft Ltd. | Junior Engineer | Location: Pune | [Jun'16 - Aug'17]
- Designed CAD models for different machine modules (SPMs, packaging, converting, jigs and fixtures, bottling) as per clients' requirements (Industries working in Pharmaceutical, Food and Beverage, and Consumers Goods).
- Produced detailed manufacturing parts and assembly drawings with an application of GD&T and generated bill of materials.
- Assisted in design automation of different machine modules, assembly line layouts produced detailed manufacturing drawings for the clients (Industries working in Personal Care and Consumers Goods).
Recipient: Tata Centre of Technology & Design (TCTD) Fellowship, IIT Bombay | [Jul’18 - Present] Lean-Six Sigma Green Belt Certification (Merit) | Manipal Prolearn | [Jun’18] Introduction to Solar Cells | Technical University of Denmark | Coursera | [Nov’18] Awarded with A+ grade in Lean Tools course | Reliable Autotech Pvt. Ltd. | Nashik | [Dec’14] Awarded Ex (Excellent) grade in ISO 9001:2008 & ISO/TS 16949:2009 Quality Management System Internal Auditor Course | Reliable Autotech Pvt. Ltd. | Nashik | [Dec’14]
Technology Design and End to End Innovation, Laboratory, Project Management and Analysis#, Agro-based Industries, Biofuels: Technology and Policy Perspectives, Food Processing#, Social Science Research Methods and System Dynamics*, Technology in Practice**, Public Policy and Governance, Field Work.
* Basic Statistics, **Advanced Statistics, #Ongoing Courses