Odia, Hindi, English
I am a Mechanical engineer with 5 years of work experience in a reputed company in various department such as procurement, construction (site work), engineering division (corporate office). Realizing my call for development sector, I gave up my job to pursue M.Tech in Technology and Development at CTARA, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. I am passionate about development sector especially in education, CSR, Sustainability, agricultural waste to wealth domains.
Field stay at Badabodinga village, Koraput District, Odisha under Hindustan Aeronautics Limited [May-July 2019]
- The study was divided in two parts: Village Research and Directed Reasearch
- Under village research, primary data was collected using various tools such as Open Data Kit (ODK) Software, Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA), and OSM tracker and secondary data was collected by visiting various institutions. The data was analysed using Google Earth and MS Office. Various aspects of the village such as geography, history, resources, social structure, culture, current issues, livelihood was studied. Six sectors related to education, health, natural resources, road, energy and sanitation were dealt in detail. Two government schemes on Swachh Bharat Mission and Soubhagya scheme was analysed.
- Under Directed research, carried out the impact assessment of various CSR activities conducted by HAL in Badabodinga and wrote an article on “Breaking the Shackles of Daily Labour through Education”
Winter Internship Project: Vanadev Vidya Mandir, Aghane, Pune [Nov-Dec 2019]
Details: Dimbhe Dam was constructed in the year 1989. About 12 tribal villages were shifted due to the construction of the dams. Ms. Kusum Karnik and Mr. Anand Kapoor fought for the rights of the tribal and established a NGO called Shashwat Trust to rehabilitate the tribal families. Vanadev Vidya Mandir school was started in the year 2000 at Aghane due to unavailability of schools nearby. Students come from tribes such as Katkari, Mahadev Kohli, and Thakar and most of them are first generation learners of their family. The work allotted to me was as follows:
- Audited various infrastructure available in the school like the Electrical system, Water system etc. and suggested the issues and their solutions.
- Prepared a proposal for recycling of waste water
- Made a video to improve the visibility of school on social media
Efficacy of ICT in primary education in government schools of India (Ongoing)
- Present pedagogy of primary government school
- Analysis of present lacuna in primary education
- Role of ICT in overcoming the present problem in primary education
- Efficacy of the ICT in various government schools (Case study)
Potential of Cashew Apple Refinery in Maharashtra Tapping the Potential of Cashew Apple Refinery in Maharashtra
- Computed cashew apple waste generated in Maharashtra region and GIS mapping of high producing region
- Designed a 60 KLPD bio-ethanol plant for processing 613k tonnes of cashew apple
- Analysed Techno-economic feasibility of use of ethanol from cashew apple as cooking fuel
- Detected Perishability and procuring price of fruit is main hurdle in Supply chain and operating the plant
- Analysed the market and designed a Social business framework ( Business model) for 60KPLD bio-ethanol plant for processing 613k tonnes of cashew apple in Ratnagiri district of Konkan region.
Tata Power Company Limited, Mumbai [Jun 11-Jun 16]
Designation: Lead Engineer
I was recruited in Tata Power through campus drive in our college. First one year was induction process in which I received a training on Power plant for three months from NPTI, Faridabad followed by power plant visits to various sites of the company and on job training at Maithon Power plant near Dhanabad, Jharkhand.
I was posted at 3 X 67.5 MW Gas Fired CPP at Kalinganagar which was in construction phase. I worked here as Lead Engineer-Mechanical Construction for two years. I was a part of the team that supervised site activities for erection of Turbine Generator package (Equipment handled: Turbine, BFP, CEP, Vacuum Pump, Lube Oil System, Condenser, Heat Exchangers, Piping), inspected incoming equipment, prepared bills and managed the documentation work. On the recommendation of the Head-Mechanical Construction, I was transferred to Project Engineering Division, Mumbai. I worked here as Lead Engineer-Piping and Layout for two years.
My responsibilities were to conduct Basic & Detail Engineering of Fire Protection & Detection packages which included preparation of BOQ Estimation sheet, Technical Specification, Technical Bid Evaluation, Co-ordination with vendors and site team, detail drawing review, tracking and documentation, preparation of drawings in AUTOCAD, checking hydraulic calculation by modelling & simulation in PIPENET.
- Obtained training on Power Plant from National Power Training Institute during induction program of Tata Power
- NDE level – II certification
- AUTOCAD, WRENCH software
- Obtained Simulator Training from Tata Power, Trombay Station
- Obtained 2 months of industrial training from Workshop, Rourkela Steel Plant
- Appreciated with certification for preparing the hydraulic model (PIPENET) of the complete hydrant network of 4000 MW CGPL, Mundra unit
- Appreciated with certification at Kalinganagar for 67.5 MW STG Erection & good documentation
- Have participated in company level Ethics quiz, poetry, safety quiz, poster competition etc. and won many prizes
- Has been a BSNL (Telecom Company of India) Central Govt. Scholarship holder all throughmy academic career.
- Position holder in 10th board at school level.
Project Management and project analysis, Environmental Planning Development, Social Science Research Methods and System Dynamics, Appropriate Technology, Agro-based Industries: Design and Case Studies, Biofuels: Technology and Policy Perspective, Development Theory & Policy: Indian Context, Soil, Land Use, GIS and Agriculture, Water Resources Management, Public Policy and Governance in Technology and Development, Energy Sources and their Utilization, Ecology and Environment, Technology in practice